openHAB is a vendor- and technology-agnostic Open Source automation
software for your home. In this one-day workshop we introduce openHAB
2 to participants and show them how to configure and use certain
aspects of the software, and in particular, discuss the terminology
used by the program. In addition to openHAB we will introduce you to
MQTT, tell you what it is, and show you how you can adopt this highly
flexible communication protocol and integrate “things” with openHAB.
Participants will get (and may keep) an ESP8266 preloaded with a small
program for lab work with openHAB and MQTT.
Our focus will be for the “Intranet” of things, i.e. we will
concentrate on keeping openHAB unreacheable from the Internet, but we
will talk about accessing data on the Internet.
- The goal of the one-day workshop is to familiarize ourselves
- with parts of the openHAB 2 software required to perform home
- automation tasks, and learn the basics of MQTT in order to later
- build automation scenarios.
people who are interested in learning about home automation with
the openHAB 2 home automation broker and MQTT.
Onderstaande voorkennis is vereist:
Participants should be familiar with the command line, and it would be
beneficial if they had some experience with Unix/Linux, but Windows is
fine as well; we will be using Linux machines for the lab work with a
choice of text editors with which to edit openHAB’s configuration
files (items, things, rules, etc.). Programming knowledge is not
necessary, but we will scratch the surface of the openHAB Rules
> Hands-on labs will be the main focus of the workshop, and participants
> will get sundry notes along but are expected to take notes themselves
> (i.e. we will not produce a “book” 🙂
BijzonderhedenJan-Piet Mens is an independent Unix/Linux consultant and sysadmin who's worked with Unix-systems since 1985. JP does odd bits of coding, and works extensively with the Domain Name System and as such, he authored the book Alternative DNS Servers as well as a variety of other technical publications. He's contributed various modules as well as the documentation system to the Ansible project and dreamed up the Open Source OwnTracks project. (http://jpmens.net)
- A few words about home automation.
- Introduction to openHAB 2
- On Bindings, Things, Channels, Items and Site Maps
- Using MQTT as our home “bus”
- Mosquitto and its utilities
- Flicking a switch with an MQTT publish
- Examples of openHAB interacting with real-world objects
- Introducing Rules and Scripts
- Using the HTTP API to switch openHAB items
- On TCP and UDP for items
- Accessing HTTP services
- Persistence and Transforms
- Overview of installation methods: finding your way
- Practical exercises with openHAB 2 on Linux
Jouw favorieten kun je bekijken via je profiel (deze vind je in het menu bovenaan de website).Bekijk favorieten
Vul onderstaand formulier in en je ontvangt meer informatie over deze cursus.
Cursus: Home Automation with openHAB (English course)
Geen tijd om ons gehele aanbod aan cursussen te bekijken? Of heb je een andere vraag? Wij helpen je graag. Vul onderstaande vragen in en we nemen binnen 24 uur contact met je op.