The course ‘Learn to program in Python’ is specifically intended for anyone who has no experience with programming yet and wants to learn Python programming. This Python course for beginners covers the essential aspects of programming in general and of the Python programming language specifically.
What will you learn during this 5-day course?
During this 5-day Python course you work towards being able to independently write code in Python. Relevant terminology for programming in general will be covered, with an emphasis on algorithms: which steps lead from problem definition to solution. Apart from that, the course covers various programming constructions, as needed for flow control, data types with their typical applications, binary/octal/hexadecimal representation of numbers, and many other programming-related concepts.
Apart from the conceptual part of programming, the syntax of Python is covered, illustrating the extensive possibilities of the Python programming language. The last day of the course covers the object oriented way of programming.
All topics will be trained extensively with practical lab exercises, under the guidance of the instructor. Besides, additional exercises are provided to be made at home in the evening or during the weekend, to obtain even more profit from this Python course.
Are you attending this course? Then you receive the following documentation:
- A student pack with copies of the presentations, lab exercises and answers to the exercises so that you learn Python well.
- A Raspberry Pi computer with pre-installed operating system and fully functional Python environment (minor details can deviate from the illustration). During the course this serves as the test-bed for lab exercises, and after the course it’s all yours.
- Shortly after the course you will receive a certificate as a proof of participation in this Python course.
- At the end of this Python course you can independently write a Python program or participate in a project with others.
If you’re looking for a Python course for beginners, or you are a beginning programmer, seeking to learn the syntax and characteristics of the Python programming language and programming skills in general, this is the course to learn Python.
Onderstaande voorkennis is vereist:
No previous experience in programming is required. This Python course is for beginners and will present the fine points of programming in general, and the syntax of the Python programming language as such.
- Introduction to algorithms
- Introduction to Python
- Basic data types
- Program structures
- More about sequences and strings
- More about lists
- Bits and bytes
- More about dictionaries, tuples and sets
- Global overview of the Python Standard Library
- Introduction to object orientation
- Object orientation and classes in Python
- Introduction to algorithms:
- algorithms for everyday human versus programming algorithms. The life cycle of computer programs.
- Introduction to Python:
- Positioning, properties, applications, practical use, version2 vs. version 3, Python shell, scripting.
- Basic data types:
- Constants and variables. Data types. Choosing names. Comment notation. Strings and numbers. Expressions and operators. Elementary string operations. Cutting slices. Overview of the data types and their properties. References. Mutable vs. immutable.
- Program structures:
- Indentation as block structure, code style (PEP8). Booleans. Extensive coverage of control structures if-elif-else, for-else and while-else. break and continue statements. enumerate and range functions. Best practices. Introduction to exception handling (EAFP). Dummy statement pass.
- More about sequences and strings:
- Operations on sequences. Specific string methods. Two ways of string formatting.
- More about lists:
- Specific list methods. Operators for lists. List comprehension. The sorted and reversed functions.
- Bits and bytes:
- Decimal, binary, octal and hexadecimal representation. String formatting for these representations. Bit manipulations (and, or, xor, shift). Introduction to encoding. Little versus big endian (endianess).
- Binary versus text files. Open modes. Reading from and writing to files. Changing the current offset. Using stdin, stdout and stderr.
- Unicode sandwich. Encode versus decode. Different encoding standards. Default encoding. The ‘bytes’ and ‘bytearray’ data types.
- More about dictionaries, tuples and sets:
- Applying dictionaries. Methods for dictionaries. Applying tuples and tuple notation. Using sets and frozensets.
- Purpose and definition. Calling a function. Docstrings. Parameter passing and default values. Call-by-value versus call-by-reference. Return values.
- Applying modules. Importing modules. Provenance of modules. Test code in module. Docstrings.
- More about functions:
- Nested function definitions. Name spaces. Scope rules and examples. Function as parameter. Standard functions map and filter. Lambda expressions. Generator functions.
- EAFP motto (Easier to Ask for Forgiveness than Permission). Standard exception types. Own exception types. Catching exceptions. Actions upon catching exceptions. Generating exceptions with raise. Statement with.
- Global overview of the Python Standard Library:
- Accessing command line parameters. Program exit. Time functions. Filename-globbing. File system tree walk. Using subprocesses. Elementary network facilities. Serialisation.
- Introduction to object orientation:
- Classes and instances. Data abstraction. Inheritance, Polymorphism. Dynamic binding. Procedural versus object oriented programming.
- Object orientation and classes in Python:
- Designing classes in Python. Constructor and destructor methods. Inheritance (derived classes). Polymorphism and dynamic binding. Special class methods. Operator overloading. Subclasses for built-in data types.
- * This course event is guaranteed to run.
- *A course with falls under the Summer Academy action.
Cursus: Learn to program in Python (English course)
Vul onderstaand formulier in en je ontvangt meer informatie over de incompany- en maatwerkmogelijkheden van deze cursus.
We are happy to help you. Please fill in the request form below and you will receive the requested information as soon as possible.
- De cursus Leren programmeren in Python
- De cursus De programmeertaal Python – voor ervaren programmeurs
- De cursus Advanced Python
- De cursus Introductie in Python – Mogelijkheden en Code Begrijpen
- De cursus The Python programming language (English course)
- De cursus Python for data analysis – introduction to PANDAS (English course)
- De cursus Advanced Python (English course)
- De cursus Introduction to Python – Possibilities and Understanding Code (English course)
- De cursus Numerical Python
- De cursus Numerical Python (English course)
Jouw favorieten kun je bekijken via je profiel (deze vind je in het menu bovenaan de website).Bekijk favorieten
Vul onderstaand formulier in en je ontvangt meer informatie over deze cursus.
Cursus: Learn to program in Python (English course)
Geen tijd om ons gehele aanbod aan cursussen te bekijken? Of heb je een andere vraag? Wij helpen je graag. Vul onderstaande vragen in en we nemen binnen 24 uur contact met je op.